Thursday, April 2, 2009

If I were Kandinsky…

I remember the first time I heard about Wassilly Kandinsky, it was on the early years of my college education as a Graphic Designer. We studied his Point and Line to Plane (1926) theory. But it seemed that the more I read about him and looked at his work, the more I felt related to his color fascination.

Not long ago I was going over his work, again, and I noticed the title of one if his pieces “Yellow – red – blue” (1925) it made me think right away: PRIMARY COLORS, obviously. So I started brainstorming “if I was Kandinsky and I wanted to create a fashion line, what would I do?” And I came up with the idea of getting inspired on the today’s printing principle: Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, Black (CMYK) and the result of the mix of them.

And so I did!… this is a little screened t-shirt collection for kids. I wanted something playful, clean and simple just like “On white II” (1923). I even thought about the brand’s name: “CaMdYnsKy”







No comments:

Post a Comment