Saturday, May 9, 2009

If I bow to David Bowie…

Thanks to the previous post I got a bit… nostalgic I would say because I started going through different images I got as research for my inspiration.

I got hundreds of … just never ending amount of images that in a way reflected the 70’s mood. They went from furniture , clothes to prints and shapes. Me and the next button were used to each other for a while since the images were all so.. blah! But there was one that popped out right away… Mr. David Bowie or shall I say Ziggy Stardust, his alter ego. I love his glam rock, flamboyant, androgynous look!. I think his Life on Mars (1973) is really inspiring from the cover to the shape and color of his jacket (having in mind that the blazers are one of the it garments for this summer), the make-up… and just the color contrast! enough reasons to keep on being a timeless inspiration for style like for this DIMEPIECE spring/summer 09 look… I would definitely mix the jacket with this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment