Thursday, May 14, 2009

If I wanted to be cool... I would be Salvadoran!

So what is my surprise this morning??

While reading the Wallpaper magazine May 2009 edition over my morning coffee I see this familiar face, not on an article but an Ad!... You know how in El Salvador everyone knows everyone or at least you know who she/he is? Well that is the case of Claudia and Harry Washington, both Salvadorans, designers and entrepreneurs. I've heard about them but never had the chance to see their work. So I find them on an Bernhardt Design Ad, with the copy "Global Edition.San Salvador". My reaction was sort of the following:.. this?.... San Salvador!?!?!?! WT..?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! So it was between surprise, happiness and proud to be honest!!!!! so I goggled it to see what it was about. And this is what I found! an interview of them during La Fiera dil Mobile in Milan, being part of the Bernhardt Design team with their furniture creations. La Fiera dil Mobile (Milan International Furniture Fair) is THE design event of the W O R L D!. I lived in Milan and what I learned is that if you're there is either because you're someone or you are on the way of becoming someone!. I feel so happy and PROUD that Salvadoran designers are crossing the borders of a small if not tinny country to start being on the global design scene, this kind of examples makes me think... Salvadorans are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch the interview to get the idea of what they do: http://www.detnk.com/node/3463

No comments:

Post a Comment