Sunday, May 10, 2009

If I were the Nutcraker...

While I was a student in fashion school we had to develop a high-end luxury collection for F/W 09/10 and since I’m a big, I mean HUGE fan of John Galliano, aka l’enfant terrible, I pretended to be one of the lucky dwarfs/slaves chez Christian Dior and so I assumed my roll and started working ASAP et voilà my inspiration: The Nutcracker.

I was very inspired by the shape of the Nutcracker, its made out of wood therefore has almost no movement. I love the proportion and shape it has, so I was aiming for a very structured and stiff feeling with a ballet-fluffiness contrast playing with some layers and military details... I love the playful result. And if you're wondering why I left some of the sketches uncolored its just because I love to see the plain shapes sometimes...


For the accessories I was inspired by the roll of what the Nutcracker is in the play, a soldier. I experimented with the shape of the hat and these are my babies, the accessories I designed.




For the bags, I decided that I wanted to do my own version of the Lady Dior bag, trying to keep it as it always has been, classic.


1 comment:

  1. Saraaaaaaa esos zapatos los disenaste tu??
    ME FASCINAAAAAAAAAN.Solo vi la foto y pense 'Quien hace esos zapatos?? De que disenador son??'

    ReplyDelete